Toddler and Baby Nursery

I’m 9 months pregnant, and baby number two will arrive any day now. Our toddler and baby will share the nursery, so it needs to be appealing to a toddler and functional for a baby. It’s not a typical matchy-matchy nursery, but it is full of elements children love, bright colors and animals! I wanted their room to be cheerful yet peaceful. I incorporated most of the decor down low, where my toddler and baby can best enjoy it.



I began decorating with a colorful animal rug, from Ruggable (maker of washable and stain resistant rugs). I almost ordered a neutral rug, but I wanted to see the look on my toddler’s face when he saw this amazing rug. So worth it! I was able to customize this rug to have extra padding for added comfort while playing on floor, and extra cushion in case of falls. 

My toddler enjoys chasing after the animals and bugs that visit our garden. So, I painted a series of our garden’s critters for the nursery: California Scrub-jay, ladybug and swallowtail butterfly.


By the way, my toddler and husband are now putting in requests for more critter paintings: Squirrel, frog and bumble bee. Stay tuned to see if I can manage their requests with a newborn. 

The colors of these paintings, coordinate well with my toddler’s Paw Patrol bedding.


Before baby was even in the works, I ordered custom-made fabric printed with beautiful Salvadoran folk art. *Fabric source: Spoonflower.

Salvadoran Folk Art

Now, pregnant with baby girl, I used the fabric to decorate her mobile: I took apart, my son’s narwhal mobile (you can see his Coastal Baby Nursery here) and reupholstered it with my new fabric. Additionally, I plan on making baby a matching tummy-time blanket. 

Baby mobile

Nursery

I couldn’t resist getting baby girl this adorable Virgen de Guadalupe doll!




The kids share a large seven-drawer dresser. A Joolbaby changing pad, converts the kids’ dresser into a changing table. It is large enough to accommodate a growing baby and is wipeable/ washable.



Comments

Popular Posts